Thursday, January 16, 2014

KCON5 Reloaded

Location: SMX Convention Center


Since today is Thursday you guys know what is the 'weekly' ritual that people do right? THROWBACK! LOL. So yeah in this post I'm gonna do a throwback of one event that I went to BUT wasn't able to write about it until now. I will do this again on the following weeks since I think I have a couple more to write about. But for now, let me start with the most recent one that I went to which is The Annual K-Pop Convention (that I swear I have never ever missed since the first day). LOL. Year by year they are bringing us new twists but still there are some aspects that hasn't changed ever since Day One. That is the good nature of helping the less fortunate. Yes, for those who are not aware the event proceeds will go to charity so if you're a K-Pop fan who attended a K-Pop Con event be proud of yourself since you're giving back to your community.

KCON5's Official Poster
This year (2013) is the 5th year since it has started back in 2009 and this year IT'S BIGGER! I really want to stress on that bigger part. LOL. Yes this year they upgraded by bringing not just one but FOUR IDOLS who will perform at the event. Let's look at the line up shall we? As you can see from the picture above the artists that came are Lunafly, LC9, A.CIAN and last but not the least BOYFRIEND. Pretty cool huh? Yeah they're really cute in person even though I only had a glimpse of LC9 and A.CIAN (because of fanclub duties I wasn't able to stay long during their performances :<). But for Lunafly and Boyfriend I was there the whole time. Haha! I'm not being biased right now since I only most of them by word of mouth from my friends. LOL. But nonetheless I really enjoyed all of their performances and their fan service was really awesome! But do you guys know the ORIGINAL LINE UP that was ready to be announced but wasn't so it got leaked? LOL. I don't know either but before there are some rumors that went around about BTS (방탄소년단) being the guest for this year and I actually confirmed it with one of my trusted sources (in which I won't mention who sorry).

Going back to the event matter, if you will notice (or if you are a patron of KCON) this year they had different ticket prices in which other fans (of other fandoms) detest beforehand. WHY? Mainly because other fans are not REALLY A BIG FAN of the groups who will come and just want to go and enjoy the event itself, meaning they just want to visit the fanclub booths and socialize with other fans of the fandom they are in. And some just really can't afford the new ticket price (even the GENERAL ADMISSION one) so they would rather not go. That is why the KCON management itself had done some rearrangements and made a separate hall for the REGULAR TICKET HOLDERS (people who don't have access to the main stage area). And this year's event wouldn't be possible (I guess) if it wasn't for KCON's new partner, PULP Magazine!

Lunafly: Yoon, Teo and Sam (respectively)
One thing that made a mark on me about Lunafly is that they love JOLLIBEE. Haha! Yes they even said that if they'll go on a date with a fan they will take her to Jollibee. They're really quirky and fun to be with. If you don't know them well (like me) their members are made up of Sam as the leader, Teo and Yoon the maknae/막내/the youngest. Basing on my personal preferences I like Teo the best since he do jokes around like Sam. Haha. Yoon is cute too but he's more on the quiet 'boy next-door' type. I really can't remember the line up of songs that they performed (since I'm not really a fan) but they did sang this one English song. Check it out below!
video credit to ryoleo122
Plus, here's another video of Teo getting off the stage and went closer to fans.
Lunafly group hugging with a fan
 So in between their performances Kring Elenzano (the MC for the event) held games in which fans will get to interact with Lunafly on stage! Yep that's correct. This is the part where the VIP and VVIP ticket holders gets an advantage from other fans. So they did a 'fan chant battle' in which Lunafly will judge and decide which on they liked the most and basically, yeah, the girl on the picture won and her prize was a hug from all the members PLUS the group hug.

Teo are you scaring the fan? LOL.
And to wrap it all up Lunafly even did a High-Five event on stage with the fans from the VIP/VVIP area. The price you pay is the price you get as they say. LMAO. Lunafly was the 3rd artist to perform from the bunch (A.CIAN was the first one followed by LC9) and Boyfriend being the main artist on the event was the last one. After Lunafly there's a 15-minute break for everyone before the next artist performed (whispers Boyfriend). At this point a massive number of people are already inside the hall waiting for the main artist. So technically I had a hard time trying to get out of my place for a bathroom break and what's worst is that a security personnel took away the chair that I was currently standing on. I am lacking in height and I do acknowledge that fact so I really need something high to step on or else I wouldn't be able to take quality pictures (like what you can see posted in here). So I was a bit bummed at that moment but I gradually found the same chair in the end so it's all good.

When Boyfriend came out my friend (who's also taking pictures like me) and I got our gears on and prepared to take those precious shots. Little did we know, the moment Boyfriend came out the other fans surrounding us screamed out loud (that can probably destroy a wine glass) and the worst part is that the people in front of us started raising their banners/iPads/cameras which practically blocked our view (even though we were standing on those high chairs =_=). But thank God they brought it down during Boyfriend's ments or else we really won't have any decent shots to be honest.

Jo Twins. Can you tell them apart?
I don't know if you guys have no idea who 'Boyfriend' is but their members are Donghyun, Jeongmin, Youngmin & Kwangmin, Minwoo and the member that I always forget his name, Hyunseong. Yes I really need to point that out since I know all of their names besides him. Haha! To get more info about them there's always our trusty friend Google. LOL. So they started with the usual greetings and introductions of who they are and after that they performed songs from their previous albums up to the present. I was actually anticipating for them to sing their debut song 'Boyfriend' since it's really cute but to my dismay they include it on the line up *put sad face here*. Like Lunafly I really don't know them that well since I don't stan(don't follow their activities) them so I'm not sure what songs they performed at the event. But nonetheless I enjoyed their performances and their professionalism.

My favorite guy Hyunseong
Like Lunafly, Boyfriend also got to interact with their fans but this time EVERYONE is at it. One good point during Boyfriend is that they do interact with the whole crowd. Yes, the VIP area got a closer look but they waved at fans from afar most of the time.

Disclaimer: All the photos posted are all mine. For all other pictures during the event check my naver blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment